There is something about beef and mushrooms that makes my heart smile! This is another classic recipe I wanted to share because it does not get the credit it is due. Enjoy!
Equipment: Dutch Oven or Large Frying Pan
1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons All Purpose seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cups sour cream
3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2×1/2-inch strips.
Season meat with all purpose seasoning and garlic powder, set aside.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; set aside.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir flour into remaining 1/2 cup broth; stir into beef mixture.
- Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil).
Serve over noodles.