1 large Onion, chopped
4 stalks Celery, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Stick Butter
1 14.5oz can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
(2) 14.5 oz cans of Turkey or Chicken Stock (add more to if required to make mixture very moist
2 Eggs. lightly beaten
1/2 tablespoon Salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
1/2 tablespoon Thyme, ground
1 tablespoon Dried Sage
*Corn Bread, crumbled
*1 Loaf dry Brioche bread, cubed
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook until softened.
- Add cream of mushroom soup , and seasonings to sauté vegetables. Heat until hot.
- Add bread gradually to vegetable mixture, tossing lightly until thoroughly mixed. Stir in eggs after mixture is slightly cooled. Avoid overmixing, which causes dressing to be soggy and compact.
- Spray Bundt Pan with butter flavored pan spray. Spoon in dressing.
- Bake at 325°F for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, internal temperature 180°F.
- Remove from Bundt Pan and flip over onto sheet Pan lined with foil. Brush with a little melted butter and put back into the over to allow the dressing to form a more crips outside.
- Cool slightly. Place cranberry sauce in the center. Serve with Giblet Gravy.
- Cornbread – 2 boxes of jiffy – follow directions and bake in a skillet
- Brioche – 1 loaf cubed. place on sheet pan bake until dried out and lightly browned
Giblet Gravy Recipe:
4 turkey necks
4 cups Water
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 sprig rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
Cornstarch Slurry – 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons of stock. Stir until smooth.
Directions – Bring turkey necks, onion garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper to a boil. Cook until turkey necks are tender and the meat starts to fall off the bone and liquid is reduced by half. ( Use 2 cups turkey stock for dressing before adding cornstarch if desired) Pull meat off the bones and discard them. Add cornstarch slurry, stir. Bring to a boil until thickened. Remove from heat.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
12 oz bag fresh cranberries
1/4 cup orange juice
Directions – Combine water and sugar in a 1 qt saucepan. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add orange juice, stir and cool.
I really enjoyed making this dish. Please let me know if you try it by sharing in the comment section or on IG or FB @nlovewithjasmine.